Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kyla Chapman

Hi! My name is Kyla Chapman. I am a 5th year senior studying Retail here at UW Madison.  I am from a small town in northwest Indiana. I am a student athlete competing on the women's cross country and women's track teams. My typical week of training includes running about 80 miles per week, lifting, and doing yoga- some might call me crazy, sometimes I would have to agree! My cross country season just wrapped up one week ago. I qualified for the NCAA National Championships and raced at the meet last Monday. Unfortunately I had a very "off" day, but the overall season was wonderful so I won't let one race spoil that for me!
In addition to being a student athlete, I am an executive member of the Student Athlete Advisory Council. I serve as the Executive Chairman of Community Service. One of my latest projects has been the planning of a Toys for Tots Drive at an upcoming Men's Hockey Game! We are really looking forward to it and expecting a great donation from the Hockey fans this year! I have also been lucky enough to earn the position of Community Service Co-Manager for the Student Retail Association. Can you tell I like community service?? :) At the next SRA meeting the club members will be making Holiday Cards for the local veterans hospital, and following that project we will be putting together goodie bags for homeless though the Porchlight Organization here in Madison. I like to keep myself busy by staying active in student organizations, however I also love my down-time. In my spare time I really enjoy reading, baking, crafting, and knitting ( I know, I sound like I'm 70 years old!).  I promise that in the summer my activities are much more active- and they usually include water-skiing, boating, and triathlons.
I am looking forward to the travel abroad trip so much! I have already started a countdown: 102 days!  I have never traveled outside of the country, and I feel so blessed to start my traveling abroad with the China Retail Study Abroad trip!

No comments: