Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Katie McGovern

Hi Everyone! My name is Katie McGovern and I am a junior majoring in Textile and Apparel Design with a certificate in Business at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to travel abroad and immerse myself in the Chinese culture. Through my work to achieve a certificate in Business, it has really opened my eyes to the versatility of the retail industry and I am excited to experience it first-hand internationally. With a background in apparel design, I am interested in learning more about the retail industry and how it interacts with the fashion industry. This journey will help to further my education in both the business and design fields. This experience will give me the opportunity to grow in many ways, giving me a new perspective of the world.

I would like to give a special thank you to Kohl's, Li and Fung, and the Kohl's Center for Retailing Excellence at UW-Madison for giving me this amazing opportunity and making this trip possible. I cannot wait to meet everyone and go on this once in a lifetime adventure.

No comments: