Tuesday, November 22, 2011

JoDee Martin

Hello!

My name is JoDee Martin and I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin - Stout.  I am a double major in Retail Merchandising and Management and Business Administration.  I have had the pleasure of completing two Store Management internships with Kohl's and have been offered a Merchandise Analyst Trainee position with the company when I graduate.  I am anticipating using what I learn through this trip daily and gain understanding about the early process that many people do not get to see.

I am so honored to have been chosen for this opportunity!  Studying abroad this past year in Europe, I learned the great importance of understanding global views and how business works on an international level.  This experience will not only open my eyes to new perspectives, but will allow me to understand the Chinese culture.  It has always been a goal of mine to travel to China and I am thrilled that I am able to partake in an educational opportunity while there.  Learning manufacturing and sourcing techniques from Li & Fung will be an enriching and rewarding experience.

I am grateful to Kohl's for allowing me to participate in such a valuable opportunity.  Kohl’s has demonstrated that they truly care about their employees, students, and the community.  I would also like to thank Kohl's Center for Retailing Excellence and all of the staff and faculty that will be joining us on this journey.  I am very excited to travel with others who share my passion.  I know we will build great relationships and make many memories together.  

No comments: