Thursday, November 24, 2011

Caroline Wilson

Hi there! My name is Caroline Wilson and I am a junior studying Textile and Apparel Design at UW-Madison. I'm excited to travel further than I ever have before to experience the fascinating culture that Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong have to offer. While I am extremely interested in the aspects of design that I will come across on our trip to China this spring, I'm really looking forward to learning more about the retail industry. It's important to be well-rounded and knowledgeable about every aspect of your field to be the best that you can be. As a design student, considering retail is important when creating anything from apparel to textiles. This trip to China will allow me to better understand the entirety of the design industry, and a more global perspective will make me a more successful designer.

I can't thank Kohl's, Li & Fung, or UW-Madison enough for this incredible opportunity. This journey will definitely be a highlight of my career as a student at UW-Madison and I can't wait to embark on it!

No comments: